Version dated 30/08/2023
Personal data includes all data that allow a person to be directly or indirectly identified, such as name, first name, address, telephone number, IP address, ..., as well as all data that can lead, directly or by combination, to the identification of a person, fall under the heading of "personal data".
Processing, in practice, includes any use of personal data, such as its collection, storage, modification, consultation, dissemination or erasure.
The controller determines which personal data are processed, the means used to do so and the purposes for which this is done.
Processors are parties who process personal data on behalf of the controller. We enter into a processor agreement with each processor as a framework of agreements.
3. Protection of personal data: General provisions
We consider it important to handle your personal data with care. We therefore do so in accordance with European data protection legislation (the "General Data Protection Regulation", abbreviated as "AVG" or "GDPR") and relevant local legislation implementing the AVG.
We process only the personal data necessary for the purposes pursued. In doing so, we ensure the completeness and accuracy of your personal data.
Basically, we do not retain your personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was collected (see in detail point 9).
We additionally take the necessary security measures to appropriately secure the personal data we process. In particular, we take the following measures:
- Personal data is only accessible to the persons who need it to perform their duties;
- Everyone involved in the processing of your personal data, both our own employees and external parties, is also legally or contractually obliged to treat it confidentially through a confidentiality commitment in their contract;
- Anonymizing and encrypting personal data;
- Use of firewalls, antivirus, etc.
Under no circumstances can we be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from an incorrect or unlawful use by a third party of personal data.
You must comply with the security regulations at all times. You are therefore solely responsible for the use made from the Website of your computer, IP address and of your identifying data, as well as for their confidentiality.
When we engage processors, we lay down the framework of agreements on such processing in a processing agreement. When we exchange personal data (electronically) with other bodies governed by public law, we lay down the agreement framework about this processing in a protocol. This agreement framework includes the purposes and lawfulness of processing and the security of personal data.
4. What personal data do we process?
We process the following personal data:
- When visiting the Website: including your IP address and your choice of language ("technical information");
- When registering to the newsletter: your email address and name;
- When filling out a contact form: all the data you enter, including surname and first name, e-mail address, address, phone number, etc.;
- When ordering an online service: surname, first name, billing information, email address,etc.
5. How do we process your personal data?
We may receive your personal data in different ways:
- By filling in an (online) contact or completion form or in documents you have to attach to the form;
- Alternatively, we may request your personal data from government agencies that hold it. We have received authorizations for this. An overview of these authorizations can be found on our website.
6. Why do we process your personal data (purposes)?
We collect and use your personal data only if we have a clear and legitimate purpose for it.
We collect technical information to maintain and improve the Website and compile anonymous visitor statistics.
We also collect personal data (e.g. identity data, financial data,
etc.) for the purpose of (i) sending newsletters and/or (personalized) marketing, (ii) being able to provide the online service, (iii) fulfilling a legal obligation or (iv) a task of public interest or public authority.
Thus, we will process personal data to be able to enter into and perform a contract with you as well as to keep you informed about InsightAir. If you cannot provide the required personal data, InsightAir cannot guarantee that it will be able to enter into a contract with you nor process your request nor keep you informed through newsletters and through marketing.
7. May we process your personal data (legal basis)?
We process the personal data that you provide via the Website or offer or by e-mail on the basis of the following processing grounds:
- To fulfill a legal obligation
- For the performance of a task of public interest or public authority
- When you have given your consent for this
- For example: sending newsletters, publishing targeted imagery , processing request for... through our online form or placing non-essential cookies.
- For the performance of an agreement with you
- For example: when you register for an activity organized by Insightair, when you rent something,...
8. Do we share your personal data with others (whether outside the EU or not)?
We do not share your personal data with third parties, except in the following cases:
- it is necessary to achieve the previously mentioned objectives (see "why do we process your personal data");
- you give us your consent to do so;
- we are legally obliged to do so;
- they are requested in the context of a (legal) investigation.
If we use an external company (e.g. a software company or specialized consulting firm) to perform a task, they may only process your personal data within the framework agreed with them and after complying with the provisions of the AVG. To this end, we have concluded the necessary processing agreements with these external companies.
We will not sell, rent or make your personal data commercially available to third parties, except with your prior consent.
Your personal data may also be shared outside of Europe. We are committed to appointing only controllers and/or processors outside the European Economic Area that provide sufficient guarantees of security and protection of personal data in accordance with applicable privacy laws. The complete and updated list of the decisions on the appropriate nature of Data Protection in the third countries approved by the EU Commission can be consulted at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/.... A copy of the personal data can always be requested at email@example.com.
9. How long do we keep your personal data?
Your personal data will only be processed for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes. They will therefore be kept for the period necessary to achieve the purposes or to comply with legal requirements (including in the field of accounting or under specific legislation).
10. What are your rights?
In accordance with the General Data Processing Regulation (AVG), you have the following rights regarding your personal data:
- Right of access;
- Right of rectification;
- Right of erasure;
- Right of restriction;
- Right of objection;
- Right of portability.
If the processing is based on your prior consent, you of course always have the right to withdraw that consent.
You can exercise the above rights
- by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- by registered letter to Insightair, Kleinhoefstraat 5/6 2440 Geel;
We make every effort to respond to you as soon as possible and at the latest within 30 days of receiving the request.
We reserve the right to ask for additional identification for identification purposes.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against or about the processing of your personal data with the Belgian Data Protection Authority, Printing Press Street 35, 1000 Brussels, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, e-mail: email@example.com.
12. Special Processing Operations
Below we explain some specific processing operations in more detail. Naturally, you can exercise your rights, as described above, with respect to these processing operations.
Through our website you can subscribe to a newsletter. If you no longer wish to receive a certain type of newsletter, you can unsubscribe by
- clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
- Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
At the activities we organize we often take pictures and videos. We use this visual material to promote our company and activities, including in our newsletter, on our website and on our social media channels. We respect your right to image and are committed to clearly informing you at each activity about the visual material that is made on site.
Our photographer limits himself as much as possible to overview photos and atmospheric images. These types of images are not personal data and we therefore assume your implicit consent, both for their creation and publication.
Sometimes our photographer will also take photos or videos in which individuals are identifiable. Both for taking and for publishing this type of photo or video we will always ask your explicit permission. This also applies to children younger than 16 years old. Where possible, we will do this in advance and in writing. In other cases, our photographer will speak to you. You can revoke the separate consents at any time.
InsightAir uses various communication channels to engage with its customers. In doing so, we are also active on social media platforms, namely Facebook and Linkedin.
If you contact us through these channels in a private message (e.g. to ask a question or report a problem), your personal data will be processed in the process. We only use these data to help you further or respond to your request. After we have processed your request, we will delete these messages immediately.
If you respond to, share or like our public posts, this data will be visible to others. This public data is stored and is visible as long as you do not delete it yourself.
Your personal data as a user of social media is also processed by the social media platform in question. InsightAir itself has no control over the further processing of your personal data by these platforms. Such processing is subject to the privacy statements of the social media platforms.
Cookies and tracking